Monday, July 18, 2005

What Time Is It?

Sitting here at one of my favorite free-wifi cafes in Portland now.

Need that shot of caffeine to keep myself awake till night-time. Not quite hungry as my colleagues are - all I did on the 9-hour flight here was to sleep and eat and sleep and eat. I caught a pretty good British film, and fell asleep throughout the next one.

And I realized I did not get up once to use the loo at all. Not that I am missing it, but it's strange how my bladder seems to expand when I'm high up there in the skies. True? No?


Weather here is warm and sunny, maybe even as high as 30 degree Celsius. I love summer here. You see clear blue skies, you feel the sun on your skin, you get to wear flip-flops and skirts with tank-tops, but you also feel the cool breeze, and your face doesn't oil up that quickly.

But right now, I'm sitting, though al fresco, in a completely shaded street. So I don't feel the sun, and instead, the cool breeze is drying up my eyes and making me put on my sweater. Yikes.


It's also taking me a while to figure out the time here. It's almost 12 noon. Way earlier than it feels.

See, I'm wearing my beat-up analog Casio and still living on Singapore time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'd rather live with the hassle of taking a few seconds to figure out the time, than adjusting the hands of the clock.

I love this watch too much. I wear it everyday with everything. It's pure vanity and laziness.


I have half a day to go on my own.

I'm givng up the outlet malls - it's too long a drive and I'm tired.

I have checked in, but not into the rooms because they aren't ready yet. So I don't think I should venture that faraway as well.

It's a 'new' hotel we're checking into this time round. The one we usually stay in has run out of rooms for us. It's a good thing actually - the usual one kinda sucks. The one we're staying in seems new and has a comtemporary setting. I hope the bathroom and bed are cool. Oh, and I hope comtemporary hotels offer free internet services. Hiak.

I may just check out the malls downtown. See if I could do a little shopping here. There should be good enough sale-items going around here. If I'm energetic enough to ransack the racks.

I've also got to get some work done in the room later, and send it out to my mates back in Singapore. Bugger. Don't think I'll get to sleep well at all tonight.


None of my friends at home is online now. Yeah, it's going to be Monday at work in 5 hours, and so they should all probably be fast asleep. To my friend who's starting his new job today, good luck. =)

I see the man online though, but he's not answering me. I think he's busy with his game. Either that, or I think he's just fallen asleep with the computer turned on.


I'd better run. My friend D has just messaged to say she's coming by to pick me up to the mall. Good girl.


Erm... confession: since you weren't around, I 'stole' your yen and your Nike watch that you've since chucked aside. =P

No comments: