Sunday, July 03, 2005

Things That Make You Go Hmm...

I cannot remember exactly what my dream was about this morning, but I vividly remember I was roller-blading just about everywhere. In my dream, that is.

Yeah, I actually dreamt that I had so perfectly mastered the skill that I was gliding practically everywhere.

I remember I was feeling so good in my dream.


Sitting at the cafe now, I see activity everywhere in front of me, early on this Sunday morning.

Uncles and aunties gathered in groups for their 'taichi' sessions - I'm not even sure if that's taichi anymore, they look more like they are dancing.

Folks walking their dogs - beagles, Jack Russells, shih tzus, goldens and the works. I wished I could've brought my girls here, but I probably need to go back to the office later in the morning, so I couldn't have.

People walking, running, biking, blading. I suppose this sighting made me recall my own dream.

Families setting up picnic mats and kids running about barefooted toward the beach.

Couples having breakfasts of eggs and toast, strolling hand in hand by the beach.

I don't see anyone else sitting by him- or herself, having a coffee and typing away at the computer.

Peace, or loneliness? A little bit of both, I suppose.

But most of all, I'm just whiling away my free time. I need to get back to my office laptop, but I don't want to go in so early. If I go back to bed, I can just forget about it.


There's a triathlon event going on at the other far end of the beach. My friends are there. Perhaps I should pop by later. They should be pleasantly surprised by my appearance.

Of the many things I like, I like making friends happy. I like seeing the joy in their faces, that I bring. I like surprising people the way I imagine I would like to be surprised myself. Especially for the loved one.

This is perhaps why I am so 'anal' when it comes to presenting a gift. I make utterly sure the gifts are personally wrapped by me; I make sure the wrapping paper, ribbons and tags are pretty and perfectly coordinated, and I make sure all dimensions are (almost) equal and I use only double-sided tape because normal tape makes it look so ugly. I believe the presentation of the gift should show just as much personal touch as the gift itself. No one probably sees or appreciates that; everyone is just too excited to see what's beneath the wrapping that the paper just gets ripped apart. The ribbons usually end up in the bin right after.

Still, it doesn't stop me just because others think it's a silly waste of effort and money. I know you people like receiving beautifully wrapped gifts than shabbily wrapped ones. There must be some psychological tests done on this... no?


The man must be up in the air by now. I can't see any planes taking off from where I'm sitting. But even if I do, I wouldn't know which one he's in.

Praying really hard that he gets through this, and the next flight good. This is what we've both been waiting for, for the past three years. His becoming a real 'proper' aviator finally.

Whatever comes next, we'll take it from there.


Things that make me smile: "You are still studying?"

Hmm... I still do look that young, huh. =)

No comments: