Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Morning-After Folly

After spewing those words of anger, I feel a little more calm right now.

Suddenly, I don't feel I have to hide my eyes beneath my cap, which by the way has been giving me a throbbing headache since this morning.

The lighter head gives me a lighter feeling too. Feeling the breeze combing through my hair makes me feel a little more refreshed.

I don't feel the puffiness in my eyes no more - I hope it has subsided.


Maybe some of the things I wrote earlier may not have been what I'd have truly wanted to say, if I had more time to think through. Maybe I didn't really mean some of the things I've written. Or maybe they didn't come off the way I'd mean to.

Maybe I didn't even mean to think this way. These horrible, disgusting thoughts.

But maybe I've been too cautious all this time.

Maybe angry words are supposed to be what they are: words that fly off your mouth in a spur of anger.

And maybe angry words should stay as they are: words that, once spoken, cannot be retrieved.

So maybe I shouldn't delete the words that are already written.

Maybe this way, my moment of folly will forever be etched in my mind and soul.


My boys are playing their game in about an hour's. The coach should perhaps take her leave from the beach.

I don't want to cause my boys concern with lateness, topped off with a wearied look and puffy eyes.

Time to put on my coaching cap.

Wish me luck - in the game, and in my life ahead.

No comments: