Friday, July 29, 2005

Amazing Dogs

My peace-keepers. My love-givers.

What would become of me now, if I ain't got them?

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Dogs know more about human language than we do about dog language.

Let me rephrase that.

Dogs know more about human body language than we think they do.


Piper knows when I'm happy and when I'm upset, without me having much to utter one sound.

When I smile delightfully, Piper wags her tails en suite, and if you would see it as I do, with a smile on her own face.

When I frown and rest my hands on my hips, Piper looks at me with big alarming eyes, tail frozen in mid-air, as if waiting for me to make the move to reproach her.

Tried and tested, this is. Umpteen times.

I haven't been able to test this theory with Gracie because all she ever does is to wag her tail at me.

And just in case you guys always think I'm biased and love one dog more than the other, here you go:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I hope you can see Gracie's lovely face beneath that big bush of hair.


Piper knows when I cry in the night.

She snuggles up to me, waiting to kiss me, but backs down when she hears my sobs and dutifully lays her head down on me instead, as if telling me she's there for me if I ever need her.

I love you so much, Piper.

And you too, Gracie.

You are all Mommy has now.

No comments: