Sunday, July 03, 2005

Do I Know What I Want?

I know what I want.

I want a chocolate Lab. And I want a kid.

I don't really know which one would come first, nor the means by which I'm gonna get them. But I will get them.


I was indeed down at the triathlon this morning. Walking past the runners, I felt a little regretful passing over this event. But when I looked out to the sea, the unpleasant memories of the swim jolted me back to reality. No, I'm not ready for another tri yet. Give me some more time.

I saw many friends and colleagues, most of whom were participants this morning.

I saw many babies, kids and dogs too - especially blond doe-eyed babies and huge glossy-coated chocolate labs.

Why is it that right at this time when I'm trying so hard to suppress all maternal instincts oozing through my veins, I have to keep seeing adorable babies everywhere? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of birthrate crisis going on in our country right now? Why is everyone having babies?

It usually gets a little more depressing when you start imagining things.


Anyhow, my long-time girlfriend took part in her first-ever triathlon today - and proudly on my road-bike as well. Glad I could be of some help.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You are looking fine, girl. You will make it through, I know.

No comments: