Friday, July 22, 2005

Canned

I think I'm shelving the Vancouver trip.

I just can't seem to conjure up the spirits to continue the half-fark planning, work out various sums for the available modes of transport, think of where to go and what to do for three full days.

More importantly, I don't think now I can manage the seven-hour drive. Despite the multiple insurance plans I've gotten for myself this trip, I don't think it's nice to smash up a car.

I really have no mood to spend money on a trip as well now. I think the money saved is going to be much needed in coming times. I have various unpaid bills I can never keep track of.

And perhaps, most of all, I don't think I can handle, not right now, the questions that I will hate to answer and now to even hear. I know my kind folks up in Vancouver are bound to ask - I can see it coming from here.

So I suppose, best way to avoid is to disappear. I oughta learn this trick from someone who's been pulling it on me well enough to proof its effectiveness.


I still have my week-long vacation. I just don't know what I'm going to do and where I'm going.

This city has suddenly become depressing for me. I am beginning to feel mixed emotions about it - and all for the wrong reasons.

I feel like running back to the comforts of home and Piper, yet I don't want to return to my life.


I must've looked a total wreck since morning. Nobody has really said a word nor asked a question, but I can tell from the stares and the concerned look on their faces.

The bolder, and perhaps more concerned, ones did say, "You look really tired."

I only managed a faint smile - I couldn't answer because I knew the voice would break.

I made countless visits to the women's room as well - just to check on my eyes now and then. They just looked so blood-shot and puffed up all the time. I gave up trying to soothe them after a while.

I'm too tired even to hide.

It's just a really bad day at the wrong time.


I skipped dinner plans with the other folks. My roomie had her own dinner plans as well, and so I had the whole room to myself, for once, when I got back in the evening.

I slept. Like I should.

But I woke up with a jolt past midnight - I'm hungry, and I still have lots of unfinished thinking to do and a big deicision to make.

My deadline's tomorrow.

I think I've made enough bad moves in my life so far - I just can't help but feel I'm about to make another one tomorrow.


I really still can't make up my mind.

I thought the decision-making process would have been made easier for me now - but I'm awfully wrong. Which is what makes me wonder if a bad move was made last night.

This place that I've always adored suddenly seems daunting to me, everywhere I go.

All I can see is loneliness and despair - in the vast empty spaces and the quiet streets. I think I'm even beginning to feel it even before it really gets to me.

I'm starting to miss things even before I'm really losing them.

I'm imagining a new life even before I'm actually living it - and it scares me.

I have a life I want to run away from, but there are also parts of it I can't bear to leave behind.

I don't know anymore if I really want to run away.

What if this is not what I wanted? What if this makes me even more depressed and lonely than I should?

What if the girls cannot get used to this?

Do I stay on the shore, with sand so hot that it might burn my feet? Or do I plunge myself into the deep blue ocean, with a bottom so deep you never know what's beneath your feet?

Right now, all I know is I have hell lot of thinking to do. I don't have much time left - literally.


Since I've jolted back from sleep, I can't seem to fall asleep again. And I probably shouldn't until I convince myself of a choice.

I'm so farking hungry though, I'm contemplating sneaking out in search of hot hot cocoa.


God, please send my kisses thousands of miles back home and please stay with me tonight.

No comments: