Friday, July 01, 2005

Genius Has Its Limits

Quote of my life:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My intolerance of nincompoops was at an all-time-high when I stumbled upon this 'post-it' notepad in Portland some time ago. Without a doubt, it rang my bells and I paid for it immediately.

The notepad just resurfaced as I was rummaging through my desk drawer. It brought a smile to my sleepy face at once.


I am zombified today.

I woke up earlier than usual - so I could arrive at work on time. My new boss's first day at work, you see.

I believe that there's always a 'bad time' for waking up. Like, for me, that time happens to fall within the 7- to 8-o'clock hour in the morning.

If I do manage to wake up before 7, I can turn out quite a chirpy bird.

If I wake up after 8, things seem normal.

But, whenever I wake up anytime between 7 to 8, I am zombified - my physical being is up and about daily chores, but my mental being is still out in dreamland. It definitely shows in my face - and in my hair.

Sometimes, it gets so bad, I don't even remember how I got to work, after I get to work.

Yes, I admit I doze off at the wheels in the mornings.

Just like today. I've had two doses of caffeine shots but my eyes are still dreamy-looking.

I don't think I can get through this day at work without falling asleep.

No comments: