Thursday, July 28, 2005

Goodbye

The neighborhood folks have put up their red-and-white Singapore flags outside their windows, in celebration of the upcoming National Day.

So have I - except my flag is an all-white one.


Buckets of tears have been shed tonight. They just wouldn't stop.

I wonder how much more in store I have left in me.

I cannot describe how I'm feeling deep inside now - and I won't attempt to.


He almost disappointed me by not picking up my calls nor replying to my messages. But he turned up eventually.

I would only cry buckets in front of him.

Thank you for being there.


You haven't said much tonight though, so I guess I'd never be able to figure out what you're thinking inside. And you haven't attempted to give me a hug. A real physical human touch, that I might miss for a long time to come.

Well, maybe I shouldn't ask for more than I deserve - should I?


I really don't know what I should expect of my life going forward from tonight.

How lonely can loneliness feel?

How sad can sadness get?

How empty can emptiness be?

Who's to listen to me? Who's to give me a hug? Who's to kiss me?

Who's to tell me he loves me?

I wish Piper could speak our worthless human language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please take care.. Life is much more than that..