Sunday, July 03, 2005

Part II

It's officially the beginning of the second half of the year. And I really do hope it'll be a better half.

Looking back, and going back on my past six months of journalling, I am absolutely bewildered by the totally unexpected turn of events in my life so far. I remembered once writing about how happy I truly was then...

So. I have bought some new pants and skirts, invested my money in a swanky pbook and traveled a couple of places. But I have yet to quit my job, figure out what I really want to do with my life nor get myself a digital SLR.

Ok - 3 out of 6. The stats are at least looking good.


I dread to foresee the near future.

Is it easier to live one day-at-a-time, like they always advise, or is it easier to make a choice and live with it?

This is just great - I'm asking myself a new question everyday, that remains unanswered.


It is also the end of the weekend, and my two resolutions remain unfulfilled. Ha, expected.

My resume might just be slightly held up - I'm only barely one month in my new job. I can't say I've learnt anything at all in this new role. Which is a shame because it won't get me higher places then.

Perhaps I should assimilate as much of the new things to learn as I could in the next few months, before trying to explore the world outside. Then maybe with my new skill sets, I might fetch a higher price for myself.

Sometimes I just hate it that I'm just a commodity in the corporate world. Makes me feel like dispensable junk.

While I'm still slogging my ass off in the corporate rat-hole, I figure I might as well try to make as much money for myself as I can. I'm not materialistic by nature, and money is not all that important to me. But still, there are the occasional material desires, and if worldly possessions and money are not important and worth holding on to, then why safeguard the money that could buy you things to make you happy?

No?

With the extra money as well, hopefully I can learn new things and even (hahaha) consider enrolling in vet school.

Money is not all-important, but I need it to pursue my dreams.

What kind of a personal career plan is this anyway? I'll just live with it for the moment.


I don't exactly know how much my bonus payout would be this year, but I'm already crafting ideas of what I could do with the money in my head.

And I hate it whenever I start spending 'future money'.

Still, I need to cheer myself up too.


I don't really knowing what I'm writing tonight. I'm really zonked.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

No comments: