Saturday, September 17, 2005

Wireless-less

It is such a beautiful blue-sky day. I love it.

So beautiful, it is giving me mixed feelings. I'm happy to see blue skies, but I'm also a little irritated I'm perspiring like mad walking on the streets, driving in the car, sitting in the cafe. And I'm already wearing the lightest possible.

So beautiful, I'd have been even more elated if I were at the beach today with the girls. My bikinis are rotting and turning mouldy in my wardrobe. But then, this isn't a day for the beach; I have too many errands to run.

So beautiful, I should've been washing my car. But I am really too tired... and lazy to do so myself. So, I did what I have been resisting - I went to the car wash. It ain't that bad, actually. Six men hand-washing my car while I sat inside - it sure did feel good. Haha.

The car now looks brighter and shinier in ten minutes than it did under my two-hour washing. I think I know what to do in future.

Alternatively, I can counter-bargain with someone: wash my car instead, and I will give you lifts when you need one. Ha.


I forgot to pay my bills, and my cable and wireless services were cut off last night. LOL.

I got hell from Pa, but I found it harder to cope without logging on to the net.

The good thing was, I had nothing to distract me from rest, and I fell asleep immediately after a bath.

I am so addicted to the Internet. It felt so much like a major itch relieved when I got my Internet restored.


It was a busy Friday night.

I dumped my work at 6, and left for sundowners with my girls at Ice-Cold. I think we are just addicted to their chicken wings now. A tad expensive, but never mind the price when it comes to good food that satisfies your craving.

Then it was J Bar where the drinking buddies were finishing up their bottle of Chivas. Question: why is everyone so hooked onto Chivas now?

Last stop: Siam Supperclub. Some guy was celebrating his birthday. It was a wild crowd, but I was spared. Phew.

I was still up and standing at the end of the night - surprise surprise.

The drunkards all headed home. I decided I was hungry and went for my fish porridge at River Valley. Hmm... hot soup after drinks... nice.


The party tonight.

The A-list party. Where everyone is supposed to go dressed up as anything that begins with the letter 'A'.

Auntie. Ah Lian. Ang moh. Antelope. Ang ku kueh. Anita Mui. Ally McBeal. Ant. Anus. Asshole.

I haven't decided if I should go.

One, I still have no clue what to dress up as.

And two... I might just see someone there. And I'm just not too sure about it.

But it's a housewarming-cum-birthday party. I know I'd hate it if friends don't turn up at my own housewarming.

Urgh.


Gotta run now and finish up my errands. I might get to see my favorite nephew later. =)


My favorite movie soundtrack ever? It's a toss-up between 'Romeo And Juliet' and 'You've Got Mail'.

Can't decide now.

No comments: