Saturday, September 24, 2005

Mrs Bean

I found a new Bean to hang out in.

It's quite a drive away from home or work, and parking's always a big headache here.

But I like this place. And the folks here still don't recognize me yet.


I was like a mom bringing her child to the doctor - I brought my baby pBook in to the customer care center.

My baby pBook. Only barely six months old, and already showing signs of problems. But just like six months in dog years is equivalent to three years in human years, six months in tech years is probably equivalent to ten human years. Horrors.

The 'nurse' suggested I leave my pBook and send it in for a check-up. For a few days or even up to a week.

What?!?!

Just like a over-protective mom, I declined admitting my child into the hospital. What? Not touch my pBook for days? You gotta be nuts.

"I'll see how it goes at home. I'll bring in on Monday if it's cranky again."

And it is already showing signs of crankiness now again. =(


*****

Oh. My. Gawd.

Jay Chou is just like the kind of man I'd fall in love with. Or maybe it's Takumi.

The pai kia with a soft heart. That is just so me - sucker.

Well, c'mon people. Don't laugh so hard. It wasn't as if I would never have a chance with Jay. I just passed it up... unknowingly.

I met him once. Standing two feet away from me.

But the only problem standing in our way then was... I didn't even know he was Jay then. Fark me.

I won't really explain how he ended up appearing in my office, but the friend he was visiting grabbed hold of me while I was walking past, and asked, "So... how do you like my friend?"

A Chinese-pop-idiot then, I was simply stupefied. How would I like your friend if I didn't even know him? "Er... I don't even know your friend." And I just walked away, without even so much as taking a glance at her 'friend'.

Just walked away! Just like that!

Jay Chou must've been so embarrassed by me, he would never want to be my friend anyway.

I snubbed Jay. And I wish I hadn't. Haha.


My night ended with a birthday girl who got pissed and then a bunch of boring bankers and accountants (ok except for my friend banker Ed).

I think my social skills have suffered badly. I can't bring myself to socialize with people who don't interest me at all.

What's up with me, man?


*****

I have tried being a good friend. Talking, crapping, laughing.

Unwittingly, I think I have set myself up for useless hope.

I think it's time for me to make some life decisions again.

"I think you're good and you should move out of Singapore, if you really want to progress."

Should I?

What's stopping me? Maybe it's that hope.

No comments: