Friday, September 09, 2005

Buddy

My buddy from primary school is getting married today.

And I'm breaking my vow and attending the solemnization ceremony.

I just cannot bring myself to call him and say I wasn't going to make it. He seems so happy these days. I have to go and be a real friend to him.

I just hope I stay strong throughout the ceremony.

Dinners aren't so bad - all you get is folks around you at the table asking when your turn might be.

But solemnization ceremonies, especially the religious kinds, will go on and on about the vows and virtues of love and marriage. I used to love listening to them, and if ever the man was with me, I would squeeze his hand as I listened, and sometimes even give him a kiss at the real good parts.

Today, I just hope I won't think too much about anything.

Sigh, the trial I'm going through all for a friend.


This buddy of mine, he and I have been good pals, though not that close, for donkey years.

I know he used to like me a lot since primary school days. I just liked him being around as a friend because this joker sure can make me laugh. Man.

We split in secondary school days because we both went our separate ways to single-ed schools. Neighboring schools though, so once in a while we would meet up especially during track training days.

We became schoolmates again in junior college, and even became teammates in track.

I was always hanging out with the guys. We all had a blast of a time in those track days. Trainings would never have been the same without them. The other girls were too... girly.

And that was when I found out my primary school buddy still had a liking for me. After all these years. There he was, watching me having crushes on this one senior and never really giving a thought about him.

But nothing happened. We never said anything to each other. We simply continued being friends who enjoy each other's craps and jokes.

I just hope he understands.


So today, I am feeling really happy for him. Happy that he has finally found the love, and will be living his dream soon.

I think he might be shocked if he knew about my life, but then, I don't think he'd ever have the mood to ask about me today. =)

Congratulations, buddy.


Since I'm breaking my vow today, I might as well attend another wedding tomorrow.

It'll be a church ceremony. Urgh.

There's surely going to be a long talk about love and marriage.


I'm going for my Jade Moment before the wedding. Does it seem weird? I thought it did. Haha.

No comments: