Monday, September 19, 2005

Boss-less

The Hilton in KL is perhaps like the coolest hotel I've ever stayed in.

Ok... maybe I take that back.

The Metropolitan in Bangkok was beautiful too, with a bathroom the size of maybe twice my bedroom. And I happen to have a weird thing for bathrooms in hotel rooms. Every shampoo, soap, towel was aromatherapeutic or organic. That's what you get for staying in a spa hotel.

The Sheraton in Phuket was quite cool too. The bathroom (again) was unique and cosy. The view from the balcony was awesome in the evenings.

Well, the Hilton KL is like... cool. It's like a dream bedroom come true. The bathroom... oh my gawd, the bathroom.

Pictures will follow later when I get hold of my digicam cable back at home.


Without my job, I suppose I would never have had the chance to stay in these posh places (nor eat in all those fancy restaurants).

I'm a cheapskate. Budget hotels (and cheap hawker food) work just fine for me. Well, at least, while I think I'm still young enough to handle shabbiness.


Oh yeah! The menu button on my toy is miraculously working again! And I have no idea what my miraculous fingers did. =)


I'm boss-less for this entire trip, though I'll have to entertain a visitor from Hong Kong from Wednesday till Friday.

I like the freedom. But also, I'm starting to feel this painful sense of loneliness.

Not just on this trip. But just plain lonely in my life.


I shouldn't have arrived at the airport so early in the afternoon, and I even thought I was running late.

I should've left the office even later, and then rushed from the check-in counter to the gate. Then I wouldn't have had time to loiter around the departure hall.

The airport somehow depresses me now.

The people in uniforms that walk in the halls with their nicely-coiffed buns upset me. So do these people who walk up and down the aisles serving coffee or tea or juices.

I even hate having to fly with these people. Good thing it wasn't my money that goes into their paychecks.


God, what is happening to me?

Why do I have all these evil hateful thoughts in my mind?

Why are you letting this empty feeling creep back into my life now?

No comments: