Sunday, September 04, 2005

Break

Taking a break from my errands.

Actually, I just wanted to take a seat at a cafe and listen to my new toy for the first time. Hur hur.

I like. =)


I'm only like half done with my errands for the day. But I feel like I've already travelled half the island. Blame it on the lousy weather that causes the lousier traffic.

Oh I did have a very late brunch at Bedok. Ha. But while it satisfied my craving finally, it didn't at all satisfy my tastebuds. I felt like I was eating cold leftovers from breakfast. Maybe fried bee hoon is after all best left for early breakfast huh.


Oh yeah! Queen rocks!


I've been back to Sim Lim three weekends in a row. All because of the stupid fooking Razor.

And I hate going to Sim Lim because of the stupid traffic in that area. I suspect my fuel consumption has suffered in recent weeks because of all my errands into town. Running on lower gears all the time doesn't save me money. Urgh.


Gwen Stefani and No Doubt rock too!


I saw a DBS Woman's Card promotion the other day, and wanted to try it today. Two treatments for just 58 bucks - can you beat that?

Revitalizing Jade Moment (duration 2 hours)

AromaStone Therapy Message
During this therapy you will be dry-exfoliated with a soft bristle brush before smooth and heated volcanic stones which are dipped in ylang ylang oil are centered on 'key energy points'. Smaller 'shiatsu' stones anointed with warm essential oils of jasmine and vanilla are used as extensions of the therapist's thumb to work out the knots in muscles. It's touches like these that make you fall asleep instantly.

Japanese Silk Booster Facial
This 60mins indulgence includes cleansing, toning hot lavender compresses, exfoliation, acupressure massage and final touch of silk fabric mask that stretches over your face to enhance the penetration of rich Vitamin C serum. Resulting in radiant and smoother complexion.

All these marketing talk sounds very good, right?

For all I know, the therapist could be just some China- or Thai-girl the spa employs for low cost. The stones could be just any stone picked up anywhere around the streets, or at best, some stones picked up from Lake Toba while touring the volcano.

Still, I just feel a need to pamper myself again. And to keep me occupied during weekends.

The spa is closed on Sundays. I will have my Jade Moment next weekend.


You got mud on your face
You big disgrace
Somebody better put you back into your place
We will, we will rock you
Sing it
We will, we will rock you

Oh yeah, rock me, baby!

If Queen was still around today, I'd pay anything to go for their rocking concert.


Ok - gotta run. Have two other places to run to.

I'm gonna buy me more CDs. I think I'll be quite busy tonight stuffing up my new toy. =)

No comments: