Saturday, September 24, 2005

Karaoke

There's going to be a "block party" right downstairs tonight. Right outside my window, eight storeys down.

And block parties here aren't like those in hall-days - cool music, booze, food, fun crappy people.

Block parties here = karaoke session + lots of screaming kids.

And karaoke in my neighborhood = Teresa Tseng + Fei Yuqing crooners.

Not many people are quite free for me tonight. But my plans to settle for a quiet home-alone night to watch all the football have also been thwarted by the block party.

I need to get out, and stay out till it's safe to come back home.


Speaking of parties... I wonder how my big day this year would turn out to be.

Not that I always have bashes, but I am not making any plans for anything either.

I just really wanted a quiet dinner with someone precious.

I don't want anything from anyone. Presents at this age don't really count for anything unless they mean something.

Though I'm trying to use this as an excuse to splurge on something for myself. Presents for myself mean something ok - it means I love myself. Haha.

What precious gift for myself, I haven't decided yet though.

Maybe I'll do myself a bigger favor if I would save that money in my bank account.

Hmm...

No comments: