Friday, September 16, 2005

Single

A short and crazy email conversation between me and best friend Lyn yesterday during work-hours went like this:

Me:
It's Thursday! It's ThursdaY!!

Lyn:
Yeah boy! so glad it's Thursday.
though still have this wish that it was Friday...haha.
So what you up to these days?
Still hangin out at wireless cafes?

Me:
me? sometimes, but a bit less. going out with friends. drinks.
i'm going crazy.
crazy crazy crazy. and stupid.

Lyn:
Crazy huh?! Let me give you some antidote.....Use poison for poison.
Meet your crazy friend.
So when is good for you?

Me:
yes crazy crazy crazy.
i'm going nuts. bonkers. siao liao.
shit lah, my ipod menu button not working.


Later in the evening, I did something I've never done before.

I had a late-night drink with Lyn at Bala.

Yes, it was my best friend Lyn at Bala, she who doesn't touch a single drop of alcohol. And yes, it was late-night, though it was only half past ten when we met.

More likely than not, you'd usually catch us having a feast in some food center or stacking up colored plates at the conveyor belts of Sakae. And if we couldn't meet for dinner, we'd usually end up not meeting at all.

So, you see. Me actually receiving messages from her after we had our own dinner plans last night, and actually arranging to meet up for drinks later - it was totally out of whack for me.

Me and Lyn at Bala at eleven on a Thursday night? Yeah, I know. Weird sighting.

"Wah. So why you suddenly want to hang out so late tonight?"

"Erm... dunno. Because I'm concerned about you?"

Lyn, you don't know how much that touched me. I am so so thankful for you. =)


And I am also so thankful for all my girlfriends.

They are all a blast.


*****

Bumped into yet another one-time buddy, good old Ed, at Bala last night.

What's up with all these men of my past? Can they stop crossing my path? Not this way, at least.

Ed: The best thing about being single is that you get to rediscover life and yourself again and not worry about making someone else happy.

WTF??

Me: The best thing about being single is... you don't get hurt by men no more. =)


*****

Being single... feels a little funny. Most times.

Maybe I'm just not used to it... yet.


Just like how Piper has Gracie, I wish I had a companion too.

No comments: