Sunday, September 04, 2005

Early

I am not writing this at 6 in the morning, because I haven't slept the whole night yet, nor because I slept too early last night and woke up at this God-forbidden hour.

I was supposed to write last night, but I fell asleep at about one after fiddling a little with my mac toys.

But as all my sleepless nights go these days, I fell asleep fast but would wake up every hour with a startle - as if I had missed something. This night, I got pleasantly awoken by a phonecall at three, then have been waking up at four, five and now, six.

I just opened my eyes, looked at the clock, and decided I should just get up and get my writing done.

Then maybe, I would just drive to Bedok for my fried bee hoon breakfast. =)

Can always come back for more snooze later.


I took my day slow yesterday.

No urgency, whatsover. I lazed in bed since opening my eyes at two in the afternoon, tried fiddling with my new toy but realized I couldn't do anything to it till it was charged. I played with the girls now and then. I took a long while to shower and get dressed.

Then I sat myself down at the kopi-tiam right downstairs for my daily dose of kopi-o and took a book out to read. I did say I was going to find a cafe and read a book this weekend, didn't I? Hur hur.

By the time I reached town, it was already six in the evening.

Thought I only had a couple of errands to run. Got some stuff at the Apple store - now I realize why the store is always so freakin' crowded. Mac owners are pretty much addicted to and obsessed with their machines. All they keep thinking about is protecting, prettifying, accessorizing their mac toys.

Just like me - horrors!

Finally popped over to Tangs to get the refills for my pen. My pen has been dried out for too long. I miss using it.

I got a high when I realized I only had to pay half the price for 5 refills than I normally would have to. All thanks to the ongoing sale and the silly points I accumulate with my Shittybank card.

As my shopping high got the better of me, I realized I actually had more stuff to get done than I had thought. But my shopping trip ended as was originally planned, when the phonecall came for dinner plans.

Ha - good thing I still have an unplanned-for Sunday to catch up on my errands.


Butter crabs and red wine.

Dinner was fine but another sin added to my recent list of "shouldn't-haves".

The rest of the night was spent drinking and chatting at a quiet little bar in Bukit Timah, that I'm really starting to like - quiet al fresco place, nice clean toilet, Hoe on tap and freakin' one-for-one whole night every night.

I feel so wasted this past week. And I have spent so much money. I feel so guilty now.

I will drink less next week. I promise.


Me: ... come join us at Bar None lah. I got Skyboy to come along.
Jase: No lah. Too late. I got to wake up early for golf tomorrow.
Me: Fark you.
Jase: ?
Me: All men ever think about is sex and golf.

Hahahaha. Not true meh?

I sent this message to a friend who had promised a night-out with us on Friday night but got really stupefied by my replies. Ok, I was a little 'happy' when I sent it out - but the message was sent in all honesty.

Oh, the 'golf' word in my opinion can be replaced by 'football' anytime accordingly. The 'sex' word stays put.

Sex and golf. Or, sex and football. Your pick.


I saw little Kieran yesterday while I was having a coffee and reading a book at the 'cafe'.

He had come home to visit Granny and would be visiting Great-Granny later too.

The boy looked like he had just woken up from a nap. I was so happy on seeing him, I picked him up immediately and sat him on my laps. He nestled his head comfortably against my chest.

When it was time for him to leave, he was led away by his mommy and daddy, each one holding his hand on both sides.

But little Kieran kept turning back to look at me, and smile. There he was, being dragged along by mommy and daddy but he only wanted to turn back to look at me - and smile. Till he walked out of sight from me.

So sweet, that boy. =)


Sigh. Boys. What do you do with them?

"All men cannot be trusted."

This spouted out matter-of-factly from the mouth of a male friend.

Should I be taking this as a piece of valuable advice? Or is he really just covering his own ass?


Sometimes, some days, I really don't know what I am doing these days.

Is this really me?

No comments: