Sunday, September 25, 2005

Bittersweet

"... Wah, you're home so early tonight?"

Yes, on a Saturday night, yes. I was home early.


For all the money I've been spending on my car, I tried to make use of it to earn some quick bucks back, but instead, I ended up having to fork out more money on it today.

It started with me spotting yet another 447 on the road while I was driving.

Deciding I shouldn't let an omen pass me by a second time, I threw my hope (and money) into lottery again - a twelve-permutational hope of my 744.

Nothing struck today, but I still have one more day to hope upon tomorrow.

Something else struck again tonight, though.

The traffic police... who else? These hardworking folks work 24/7, at every corner of the island. And I had to run into them tonight.

My wholesome plan tonight was to have dinner with wholesome best friend Lyn and not-so-wholesome hubby at their club. The club was running some swim event, so the carpark was shut out to all guests. Looking at the long line of cars parked along the road right outside the club, I did the only right thing to do then - follow suit.

Lyn assured, "Should be ok lah, people always park outside anyway." And so I happily proceeded for dinner, drinks, football and pool.

Four hours later, I returned to my car only to find that white slip of paper again tucked nicely under my windscreen wiper.

I am not quite upset yet, because I still have that lottery ticket in my hand. All is not over yet.

God, please be nice and give me a sweet present, willya?

And please, please, please keep them traffic people away from me. Please.


I had my virgin game of darts this evening.

I like it. Maybe because it gives me a chance to throw a sharp object at something. With all my brute force.

I always know I have a violent streak buried somewhere deep inside of me.

In darts, all you really need is just focus. Lots of undivided focus. Just like in pool.

Just focus... focus... focus on someone's face right there on the dartboard exactly where you wanna hit... bullseye!

Oh, but I learnt too that bulleyes ain't no big deal. You gotta hit triple 20 to have a big deal.


And ManU(re) lost.

MAN-U'RE sucky.


*****

Lyn and Fat-ric.

My happy almost-perfect couple friends. I am so happy for them.

And most of all, I'm so happy for her. She has probably found the best man of her life.

I see the way they talk to each other (not the lovey-dovey kind mostly), the way they tease each other, the way they poke fun and laugh at each other, the way they bicker. The way they complement each other.

The way they fit just like a pair of gloves.

Everything I see just reminds me of... us. How I see them now is probably how others saw us then.

So, this is how bittersweet-ness tastes like.


Finding that one perfect mate, that made-for-you soulmate is the best thing that could ever happen to your life. That I know.

Losing it could also be the most devestating thing ever. That I know too.

I think I know, because I have probably been through it all.

No comments: