Monday, September 26, 2005

Big Day

Even my mom had to ask the same: "Don't you have to wear shoes to work?"

Er, no Mom. I don't think so, and I don't care. My birkies fit me just fine.


I finally caved in and surrendered my pBook for a thorough check-up.

What changed my mind?

The realization that I'd be travelling over the next few weeks of October. I can't bear the thought of leaving my pBook behind when I do.

I think I'm already suffering from a mild case of withdrawal syndrome.


Oh, and I remembered today what I'll be doing on my big day. I almost forgot. How could I?

I'll be travelling. But for work. Oh, how nice.

And where to? KL again.

For one night, and then I'll zip off to Bangkok for the weekend. Not for anything else, but work.

But I'll make darn sure I'll make time, lots of time, for massages. And good ol' tomyam goong.

I wish, though, I could get some company for that Bangkok weekend. Then, I'd just make believe it's a birthday trip for myself. Haha.

Sigh...


There's yet another party this Saturday.

But this time, it'd be a non-toxic one, for sure.

A little boy, who happens to be born on the same day as I but 27 years later, turns one next week but is celebrating his big day this weekend.

His mommy was very sweet to have asked, "So, I can add your name on the cake if you want to, you know." Haha... not funny.

There'll be little ones at the party that day; I'm hoping I can bring my little man along so he can make little friends. =)


My girls are tired out from the day's excitement. They're both lying dead as logs on the floor, not moving an inch even as I walk out of the room.

That's a good sign - no noisy fights tonight.

I had absentmindedly left some important stuff at home this morning, and had to drive all the way back home to pick them up even before I could barely switch on my computer in the office.

Of course, the girls went bonkers the minute I opened the door.

What's Mommy doing home at this hour?!

I grabbed my stuff, ran down to my car, and then realized I still had forgotten some other stuff. Up eight storeys I went again, and this time, the girls went wild.

Did Mommy forget us?!

Sorry, girls. Mommy must've made your little hearts pump a lot faster unnecessarily.


Mommy didn't forget you tonight, though. And neither did your Papa.

I brought the girls out to watch their Papa play ball again. Been a while since we did that together.

I think the girls had fun. And the way they launched themselves all over him as soon as they heard his whistle-call, I think they missed their Papa.

Well, so did Mommy.


I don't think I can do much reading tonight.

I'm tired from all the driving around today too.


No decision has yet been made.

But some things seem much clearer to me now.

Let's just see first how this month goes for us.

Maybe... just maybe, absence might just make the heart grow stronger, and less fonder.

Or maybe... I don't know.

No comments: