Sunday, January 01, 2006

Day One

Ok, I just have to write today - just because I have to jot down something on the first day of the new year. =)


I notice I've been spending tons of latte money at the cafe.

No choice. This is my only haven these days, where I have peace to think and jot.

Home is too distracting with the little man singing and teasing me while he's awake. There is always someone else on my bed too - and it's not just Piper nor Gracie. If it's not the little man taking his afternoon nap, it's my mom snoring away.

I need some lone time, and oddly, I can't find it at home.

Sorry, Mom.


The thinking is over and done with. I made my deadline.

Not that I've gotten any answer, but I have decided anyway: no more questions. To a large degree, I'm glad nothing came out of my mouth that night. Things could've gotten a little worse than they already are. What for?

I'll save my worries for other stuff - like, if I should drink tonight, if I should buy another book, if I should get myself that damn pda-phone, if I should air-con my room, if I should buy myself that Paul Smith cardholder because my beloved wallet is threatening to burst. See? I have got lots of other albeit frivolous things to take care of. Ha.

And then, when it's time to make the big decision, I'll start thinking again.

Till then, I'll just have to focus on finding joy in every little thing I have to do everyday. Yes, even if it's work. (Urgh.)


I think I'm getting pretty good at self-coping.

Friends, no friends - I'll still get on with life everyday.

No drinks? I'll still chill out at the cafe myself.

No travel buddies? I'll still travel on my own.

No movie buddies? Er... I'll not watch on my own, I'll just chill out at the cafe. Ha.


Oh yes. I have made a promise to myself.

I will need to start my travels in 2006. And I don't mean the darned business travels.

Two trips to somewhere. How's that for a start?

I just hope I have the money and time to.


On a happier note, Mr Welsh continues to write. =)

Now, I have pictures of Wales in my email. Wahaha.

While he says he'd like to travel more to 'warmer climates' like ours, I say I'd like to see snow for real one day.

Somehow... Maybe... One day... =) Yeah, I should really make Europe my destination in 2006.


*****

I just remembered.

I had already gotten someone his Christmas gift way back in October.

Now, it's just one of his many gifts.

I sure hope I'd gotten the address right, and he's received it in his mail by now.

*Fingers crossed*


The Chronicles of Narnia is showing in the theatres now.

I wonder, if my invitation would come after all. =)

No comments: