Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tsk...

Wahaha! What the hell was I thinking?

I made myself get out of the house - big rain or small rain, by hook or by crook. Sure, I did.

But it sure was too dreary a weather to be out.

By the time I found a safe and dry parking lot, I was too tired to carry on any other activity. All I could manage was a short walk from Borders to Tangs and then back to Borders. All the while thinking: "What the hell?! I should be lying in bed under my duvet right now."


And as usual, my downtown resolutions always get undone - mentally - by the time I reach town.

Like?

(A) Why the hell should I be getting a new bikini just because I'm going to Phuket? Bikinis don't come cheap, you know.

(B) I would like another pair of power heels. But the ones I fancy are too un-affordable. Anyway, I still can't walk in stilettos.

(C) I don't really have to wear new clothes for Chinese New Year, do I? It's just another pretext.

(D) I have many more unread books at home. STOP BUYING ANY MORE TO COLLECT DUST.

(E) Sigh. What's the point of watching movies alone? It's no fun. I'll either wait for good company, or wait for my next trip up to Portland - and then hope Northwest buffs up its movie selection in February. Sigh.

In the end, all I could achieve was a hot skinny latte at the cafe. And getting my feet wet, stepping in the puddles of rainwater.

Oh, and two pieces of underwear and yet another necklace - all totally unplanned for.

Sigh. I'm never a good planner, am I?


More importantly, though, I've been reining myself in with my bigger plans in mind.

I really want to take a couple of vacations this year.

And I really want to be able to afford my own place - soon. I'll be turning thirty before I know it. I have to be getting somewhere in life when I hit thirty, haven't I?

Looking at the mountains of cookbooks in Borders never fails to reinforce that thought - all the time. =)


Speaking of movies, you don't just go to the movies with just about anyone. At least, for me.

It just has to be the right company.

Yeah, someone whom you'll want to share good (or bad) stuff with.

It's not just about 'watching a movie'. It's about sharing an enjoyable experience, through and through.

Which probably explains why I've been avoiding a persistent movie invitation, that I kinda feel bad about.

Sorry, dude. It's just me.

No comments: