Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ciaran the Poo

It's a miracle!

I'm home alone with the little man today (ignore the old man still snoozing in his room).

I had to drag my sleepy ass out of bed (metaphorically) when my mom left the house this morning. And the little man was already up and full of spark - yelling his famed 'ABC' song.

See, I don't really get out of my bed - even when it's Babysitting Day. I just get the little man to climb up my bed right next to me. Play your train or your bus, or sing your songs, or torment the dogs, whatever - as long as Gu-gu gets to lie on bed while keeping an eye on you.

Thank God for my queen-sized bed. Well, actually, I have my brother to thank for that...


So, I was lazing on my bed, keeping my eyes half-open at the TV, when the little man became very quiet. Next thing I knew, he climbed up my bed and tugged at my arm.

That only meant one of two things: either he wants me to do something for him, or he wants me to go somewhere.

Either case, I had to get out of bed.

He pulled my arm as he dragged me out of the room, blabbering only one word: "Bathe. Bathe."

I still couldn't get what he was trying to say, even as he led me into the kitchen.

Till he stopped, turned back and said: "Towel!"

Ah! The little man is initiating bath-time!

I was truly amazed and amused at the same time. Far as I know, bath-time isn't exactly his favorite time of the day.


There we were, standing in the bathroom, me proceeding to undress him when he mumbled, "Poot poot."

There I knew it! There must have been something slimy in his diapers that's making him feel uneasy.

He wouldn't have wanted me to give him a bath - for no reason.

I almost forgot he's gonna grow up to be a man. Sigh.


Then the stinko smell hit me right in the face - literally.

And it was no ordinary poo. It was the slimy yellow-green extra-pungent kind of poo.

Yes, LAO SAI.

And I feel so lucky now (it was my first time cleaning up his poo), I think I'm going downstairs to buy 4D again today.

Little man, maybe you're the key to my condominium, after all.


I started scrunching up my face and he began his singing again.

Nonchalence.

You're happy, having no more shit. And I'm not, cleaning up your shit.

Men. Sigh.

No comments: