Thursday, January 12, 2006

矛盾

I'm taking a break. From work.

Yes, I brought work home today. Haven't resorted to this pathetic move in a long, long time.

I'm tired, my shoulders are aching, and my eyes are threatening to shut-down. I still have a long way to go, and I just started on my work not too long ago.

But not before making another 'itchy-backside' move.

I downloaded that damned game that everyone else is 'busy' with right now.

Didn't have much opportunity tonight to explore it before I forced my fingers to click on the 'quit' button.

That was probably the other reason why I brought my 'work' home tonight. My Mac, while I adore it tons, excludes me from these games my buddies indulge in - together.

Hmph. I'm gonna find me some Mac games that my buddies will envy me for.


Should I:

(a) stay up till four, work through the Man U game, then wake up late for work as usual, OR

(b) sleep now, miss the Man U game (which might turn out a good idea since my 'punter' friend predicts they 'won't make it' tonight), then wake up at six to go to the office?

Big decision at three in the morning, huh.


I think I know what it's gonna be.

I'll probably end up sleeping now, missing the Man U game, then waking up late for work - as usual.

Hur hur. I think I know myself just too well.


*****

Life never stops making a fool out of you, doesn't it?

Just when you are becoming so hopeful upon seeing some sunshine in the afternoon, it starts pouring again in the night.

Just like when you're becoming so disappointed you're on the brink of giving up, someone comes around again to bring you that bit of joy, however short-lived it may be.

So what is it gonna be?

Rain? Or shine?

No comments: