Friday, January 27, 2006

"Michael"

It's quite a rare sight, for me at least - a face so charming it stays on your mind even after 12 hours.

Ah, fate has it that I visit a friend's shop in Ann Siang Hill during lunch and chance upon that face. That two-dimpled smile.

No, not like J's, though.

The best thing about being single?

It gives you the power and freedom to admire beauty, to harbor crushes, and to flirt with your eyes and a smile. Openly.

With no fear of treading on thin lines.

There's no thin line at all, in the first place.


Ouch.

I had my brows threaded again.

And this time, I went to the 'real thing' - a tiny ulu Indian beauty parlor tucked away in one corner on the third level of Orchard Plaza, complete with the smell of jasmine flowers and coconut oil and the pictures of Indian beauty queens and Indian Gods plastered all over the wall.

It took me 3 minutes to locate Orchard Plaza on streetdirectory.com.sg.

It was good, though. The job was done in 5 minutes and it was a much less painful experience. It cost me only seven bucks - half of what I used to pay.

And, the brows are much nicer.

I'm going back.

I only have one thing to say: I love those 'beauty' forums. Ha.


*****

"Look fwd to dinner on mon cny day 2 at my hs, my 'daughter'."

I am, too. Especially when it's a cabbage-rice-with-hotpot dinner. I love, love, love cabbage rice. And yam rice too.

The message struck me, though. With both warmth and bitterness to my heart.

On one hand, it's nice to know I'm like a daughter she never had.

On the other, the emotional attachments all around are killing me.

Bit by bit.


The Lunar New Year is just about three days away. Or even less.

I am quite dreading it, truth be told. And it's not just because I still haven't gotten the quintessential 'new' clothes yet.

I just don't know how different it will feel like for me this year. I can't bear to even imagine.

It'll surely be a much, much quieter occasion for me. No more cards, no more blackjacks.

For the first time in my life, I feel like flying away somewhere - somewhere else faraway from here, on my own - during my once-favorite festivity.


*****

I'm turning in early tonight.

Well, half past one is early, by my standard.

There are many more things I'd like to do. Posting a travel/photo-log. Revamping my page a little. And getting some reading done.

But I need some discipline tonight.

I have a big 'date' tomorrow at seven-thirty in the morning - with three men from Portland, over the video-call.

Don't wish me luck - I'm still uncertain if I do want it. =/

No comments: