Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gathering?

There's a 4/9 class gathering next week that, for once in donkey years, I'm turning up at.

That is, if I don't back out at the last minute.

Anyway, if I don't go, I don't think anyone would miss me. I've just been conveniently included in the yahoogroup. Ha.


I'm not one for class gatherings. Or any large-scale gathering for that matter.

In fact, I fear them.

I fear the conversations that might lead to something personally upsetting.

The last time I finally agreed to turn up at the SO3C JC gathering, I totally regretted it. TOTALLY.

The only reason why I turned up was to see my only-best-friend-in-class, PP. She the artist who sat next to me since secondary school and was always drawing me cartoons under our desks. She the buddy who always shielded me in JC while I was sleeping through all the classes.

That's what friends are for, man. They draw you cartoons to perk you up during a boring lesson, and cover your ass while you're up to no good.

At that silly gathering, all the other smarty-pants started embarking on some conversations of the boring kind: politics, economy, business, world, education. They talked anything but gossip and cock. Stuff I'm good at.

It was like everyone was trying to outdo one another with the kind of 'current' knowledge they had.

Gawd, they were like that even way back in JC. Which was probably why I was the outcast of the class. Heck, I was the J1 kid who hung out with the J2s, and eventually became the J2 senior that hung out with the J1s.

Please. Spare me your brains for once.


There's yet another gathering tonight, though a smaller-group one. My hall gang - my Madam-Wong/Mambo buddies.

These days, however, I am beginning to fear this particular gathering as well.

Simply because it has become a 'couple-couple' thing.

My chicks and I, we hate the couple-couple thing, we fear the questions that may come our way, and we think we are better off hitting our Hoes at Ice-Cold.

The chicks and I get our own kick out of this, though. We cook up our own reasons to miss the gathering, then meet up somewhere else on our own at the very same time. Everytime the phone rings, or the message comes, we get a good laugh out of our evil plan.

Quite fun what. Haha.

Will I turn up tonight? Maybe, since it's Lunar New Year and they may pull out the mahjong table. But maybe not, because... you know.


There are only two gatherings I would attend these days.

You know who you are.

And count yourselves lucky, babes. 'Cos it means I like you guys - as a whole. =)


P.S.: Oh, and one other important reason why I absolutely hate large-group gatherings.

Inertia.

For goodness' sake, why can't you guys just decide on a place to go after dinner, and not stand outside the restaurant and then start chatting about other stuff before deciding on the next destination?!?!

Gawd.

No comments: