Sunday, January 29, 2006

Foul-Earred

Ah. Thank God for the 24-hour Cold Storage at Holland Village.

It just saved my ass from being kicked again by Mom.

Heng ah.


I was in the changing room trying out some clothes in the afternoon, when I noticed the side-seam of my thong was breaking up - barely held by a couple more threads.

Then, my imagination ran wild.

What if... I was walking obliviously along the streets of Orchard amongst the crowds and my thong just broke there and then?

I'd be caught dead in the middle of Orchard Road with my underwear at my ankles, between my Birkies.

Eeewww. The perils of wearing thongs.

*Shudders*


I was having late-night teh-alia with a friend, watching the second half of the Everton-Chelsea game, after getting my errands done.

We ended up somewhere along YCK because Gardens was dead quiet.

Friend said, "You ah. Tsk tsk tsk. Open mouth only, every other sentence also 他妈的."

To which I replied with a smile, "This is me. Take it or leave it."


*****

I have been spending some time with him.

We've been talking crap, joking, teasing, laughing.

Being ourselves.

So being ourselves, that I've been starting to hear once again his foul mouth at work.

The ka-ni-na's. The na-beh's. The fucking-du-lan's. The kam-lan's.

He's such a natural when he rattles off, he never fails to crack me up whenever I hear him speak that foul way to his friends.

Believe it or not, I miss that.


It felt good, and heartrending at the same time, to hear that again.

There are a lot, a lot of things I really, really miss.

No comments: