Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Phooket

Phuket's not that fun... yet.

Still been stuck in the meeting room, just when the sun is out.

It's alright. I'll wait for Thursday and Friday.


Oh, and I'm gonna swear off the cheap massages here. It's amateurish-bad, and I'm not totally relaxed more than half the time, simply because I'm too wary of what the masseuse might be up to.

All because of one bad experience in Bangkok.


The masseuse I had tonight is 'new'. According to her, or rather, from what I could make out from her, today's her first day at work in Phuket.

She's been working in Bangkok for the past three years.

Which made me all the more 'worried'.

In her singing Thai voice, she asked, "What sport you play?"

After a few 'erms' and 'hahs', I figured out what she was asking, and replied, "Oh, basketball."

"Ah! Very strong! You are very strong."

And she meant my thighs. I supposed, because she asked exactly while she was massaging my thighs.

Hmm.


One other reason why I'm swearing off these off-the-streets massages.

I specifically told her once and again to stay off my left ankle.

Nooooo. None of that was heard.

I ended up limping for a while after I left the parlor.

Grrrr.

Hmph. I'll do the spa before I leave.


*****

It's tough, fending off unwanted affection from a good buddy - subtlely.

I never expected this to happen. I thought he was my brudda, and me his sista.

An invitation to fly me from Phuket to Bangkok this Friday, then back to Singapore - even though I'm already scheduled to fly straight back to Singapore from here.

Seems tempting, but this is just so not normal.

And it's tough, trying to tell him "thanks, but no thanks" without hurting him.


I wish we hadn't ended up like this, because I never wanted to have to worry about you.

I had other bigger issues to worry about, and you were once my solace.

Now, I have one buddy less - all because I can never ask you out again.

I'm sorry, brudda.

No comments: