Saturday, January 14, 2006

Blue-Green

Joke #527 went: "Wah, your phone very heavy hor?"

Yes, Boss. It is.

Sigh.


*****

For the umpteenth time, someone asked, "Is green your favorite color? Why everything green green one?"

I know. It's getting pretty obvious.

I was out with in my olive-grey pants, a white polo with black stripes but green on the collar and sleeve-ends, a big bright green bag and a dark green umbrella (yes, the rain is coming back, by the way).

The very first time someone else asked that same question, I replied with a counter-question, complete with wide-eyed amazement: "Eh? How you know ah?"

"Duh. Because you wear green almost every other day?"

Haha. Come to think of it, it's pretty true.

I have green on me everyday, in fact - my everyday accessory of the moment is a dark-green handbag made of the softest-of-soft leather. Mmm... feels good, looks good. And on it, I have garnished with a green woolly rosette and a big green luggage tag that says "J".

(Friend who didn't know my Chinese name: "Why 'J' ah?" Me without much of a second thought: "Oh, 'J' for Jay Chou mah." And that exchange took place a few days after I watched 'Initial D' for the first time. LOL.)

Oh, and my favorite bag of all time is this recently-acquired big bright green bag. =)

It is just so 'me' and goes with almost everything, I think I can just throw away all my other bags.

For some reasons, it cost me only all of twenty bucks. But I treat it like precious. I stuff it with paper and keep it in my wardrobe when it's resting at home. And I use it only sparingly because I'm gonna make it last my lifetime.

Yeah, just imagine Old GrandFatmama with her big bright green bag. Cool.


*****

I don't know why I'm talking about green, but I suppose it could be because I'm feeling a little blue.

The effects of sleep-deprivation over the past few days hit me today. I've slept almost the entire day but I am still feeling groggy.

And I'm not supposed to be so, because I have tons of work to do this weekend.

I am so not looking forward to Phuket. =(

No comments: