Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sinned

Last night, I took a trip to sin city.

First, it was char kuey teow, carrot cake, chicken wings, satay, murtabak, bee hoon goreng and more carrot cake for dinner.

Then, it was chocolate fondue, crepes with chocolate sauce and a hot dark chocolate drink at Max Brenner for dessert.

And then, I finished the very sinful but satisfying night with two pints of ice-cold Hoe.

No wonder I was knocked out cold today.


It was an amusing girl-talk around the dessert table.

It started with me trying to explain the confusing drama taking place in my family.

Then, one by one, around the table, similar stories began spilling out.

"Oh, my brother got divorced too..."

So, amongst the six of us, at least four brothers are experiencing marital woes.

Sigh. Why am I not getting surprised anymore?


I am no longer sure if I should feel lucky to be alone, or not.

If it's not love, I don't know what else I can believe in anymore.

No comments: