Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Fishball

I lurve fishball mee tai mak soup with lots of fresh chilli in it too.

Especially if it's a $2 bowl with nothing less than SIX fishballs swimming in it.

It wasn't anything fantastic. But the heaps of tow-gay and spring onions more than made up for it.


I had made a sudden decision to turn into this quiet carpark and stop by this ulu little kopitiam along Tiong Bahru, on my way back to the office after my morning physio session.

No choice, I was too famished.

I like what I'd stumbled upon. I like sitting at an old kopitiam.

And, as one friend would say, what a 'heartlander' thing to do.


I may not have that bowl of fishball mee tai mak soup again, but while I had it, I was happy.

I don't ask for much, and I don't have high standards.

I only need simple pleasures in life to make me happy.

No comments: