Monday, August 29, 2005

Sun-day

It's been quite a while since I sat out under the sun (well, almost - I'm well shaded under the big umbrella but still enjoying the warmth) doing my own writing. The past couple of weeks, lunches have been quickie affairs.

Just too much to do, just too little time.


I was out enjoying the late afternoon sun yesterday as well.

Late - because I couldn't wake up from the awful concoction of alcohol inside me and because I only got the phonecall from a friend at four.

I was about to bring the cow-dogs down for a walk around the neighborhood, when the phone rang: "KM8. Now! Bring your dogs."

Gee. It's been a long time since the cowdogs last swam.

I have been wanting to bring them to the beach, but for two reasons.

One, I am admittedly not confident swimming with two dogs alone. Piper is cool. But Gracie? She can be a wreck in the waters at times.

Two, there's this seventh-month superstition against swimming in the seas. The "ghost-pulling-leg" myth. Well, I am not superstitious, but since I'm already not confident I can take care of two dogs in the waters, I'd better not take any risky chance.

The phonecall changed my mind. What the heck? There would be so many people at the beach - I was sure there must be someone - one brave soul - who would be able to rescue two dogs and a girl.


But I also decided to do something against my own better senses.

I sent an impulsive message and asked a buddy along. And thank goodnness, the invitation was accepted.

Great. At least now I know I have someone to save us.


We didn't spend too long a time at the beach. The crazy afternoon-partying folks at KM8 kinda scared us.

We deduced: nowadays if you don't have a good bod, you'd better not turn up at Tanjong Beach. Or at least, make sure you stay at the far end of the beach.

We didn't hang out at KM8 - we just didn't fit in.

The cowdogs had a good swim - dogs never seem to run out of 'stamina', I realized.

Poor Momma was left gasping for air - blame it on ill-discipline.


The day ended with a feast at Chomps yet again.

F-E-A-S-T. Everything feast-worthy was spread out right in front of us on the table.

Strangely, I thought I was feeling hungry again by midnight, lying on my bed.

I decided to sleep it off - I could be wrong.

My doubts were confirmed this morning, when I woke up with a rumbling stomach. Haha. I am strange indeed.


Had a good time yesterday.

Only damned thing was I forgot my camera.

How could I?

No comments: