Monday, August 22, 2005

Law-breaker, Trouble-maker

KNNBEGN!! @*&#^&^(*&$#(*&#(%&@!

I keep running into trouble with the law these days.

Am I running low on karma, that's why?


I was trying to be a smart-aleck - I thought we wouldn't take more than five minutes at the hardware store, just a 2-minute walk away, since we already had in mind what we wanted.

Why then, pray tell, should I spend at least ten minutes going round and round the multi-storey carpark, waiting and cussing for a precious lot, and having to jostle for space with other silly drivers, in peak-hour Marine Parade?

It really wasn't so much of saving on parking charges; it was really with a good mind to save the hassle of looking for a parking lot.

So, I convinced us it would be a smarter idea if we would park along the double-yellow lines just outside the carpark, run across the street to the hardware store, grab our stuff, then run back to the car.

"It won't take long," I promised.

What I didn't know was: I am in a 'suay' mode nowadays.

We took a longer-than-expected time at the hardware store.

Cisco came along barely ten minutes after we'd parked the car and ran across the street.

And I came back to find a 'sweet' surprise - in the form of a white slip of paper - tucked nicely under my windscreen wipers.


In a span of one short week, I have accumulated:

- one LTA ticket for not paying ERP charges under that jinxed gantry;
- one URA ticket for over-parking almost an hour past the expiry of my coupons;
- one Cisco (traffic police?) ticket for parking on the cursed double-yellow lines.

I should scrutinize the tickets for any four-digit number that can hopefully turn my luck around.


Oh, but it does help to 'air my grievances' here. =)

A concerned fellow driver-friend (who's apparently gotten into enough trouble to know this - heh) offered this valuable tip: pay for the fines online and get a $2 discount!

!!!

Thanks, bif.

No comments: