Thursday, August 04, 2005

Blood-suckers

Fark. This was almost the second morning in a row I forgot to slot my card into the stupid ERP machine before I zipped past the bledy gantry along the PIE.

Well, I did yesterday - forget to insert my card, that is. Just after I passed the gantry and the machine started beeping madly, I suddenly snapped out of my daze and swore under my breath - another farking $11 gone for nothing.

This morning, I only managed in time to slot the card in just about 50 meters away from the gantry.

That's what you get when you have zombies driving around on the roads - LTA sucking blood off zombies like me.


The meetings continue. Four days in a row since I came back to work, I have been doing nothing, absolutely nothing, but attending meetings where I have to repeat myself over and over and over again.

In a way, the meetings take whatever little bit of mind I still have away from the awful stuff. But they drain me out as well.

In-between meetings, I feel nothing but weariness, and I need to sneak out for a while to catch a breath.


Before I could really think about my just remuneration, I received my letter today, announcing my new salary and my bonus for the year.

One pathetic word: P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

I have some plans for myself for the longer term ahead of me. I really needed more money to see it through. I don't want to end up having to find a second job just to sustain my plans.

Now, I'm just glad I have enough to pay off bills, my car and my dogs' needs.

Adult commitments - that's what I call them.

Just wait till I get myself an even bigger adult commitment to pay off.


I'm seeing someone tonight, someone who has unexpectedly given me a phonecall - and all I heard was genuine concern.

Should I? Should I not go have tea with her?

I should because it's only right I end things nicely, even for her. And because I know she's worried and I think I am the only one who can appease her worries. Right now.

I shouldn't because it is going to rip my heart further talking to her. And because I know I'm bound to end up crying in front of her - and I don't wish to.

What am I going to tell her? How should I put things nicely yet undistortedly to her?

What does she want to know? How much should she know?

I only know I will tell her, "Sorry, I tried real head but I really couldn't help him."

No comments: