Monday, August 15, 2005

More

An email conversation went like this, just five days ago.

Me:
... Should I hang around longer since they want to groom me, but I cannot tahan the money now?
Or should I just look for job outside? Potentially worse job, but could be better - but I'd only settle for better money.
I really need more money.

Lyn:
... Just curious, what makes you say you really need more money? ...

Me:
... And why do I need more money?
Because I'm facing the reality that I might have to depend on myself for the rest of my life. I don't have the dual-income comfort I was looking forward to.
I'm 28, and I think by this time, I cannot be living like a 23-year-old.
I need my own space soon, I have a car to maintain, I have two dogs and am thinking of one more if I get my own place.
I want to travel, I want to take up courses. I want to save for my dog business. I want to splurge on myself. It is high time I think for myself, and not for anyone else.
I cannot live a life where I work-eat-drink-make merry with friends anymore.
I have to start building my own life.
I cannot depend on my parents anymore.
You know what I mean?


I surprised myself even, as I re-read what I wrote after hitting the 'send' button.
=)

No comments: