Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Breakfast

I am a girl of simple pleasures.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kopi-o with marie biscuits. You dip 'em biscuits into the hot kopi-o and take a quick bite of the softened pastry before it crumbles off back into the kopi-o. Mmm... heavenly.

I have been having this simple fare for breakfast at my desk for a couple of weeks ever since they bought a big tin of marie biscuits for the office pantry. The tin is only like half-gone.

I think I'm the only nut who likes this plain almost-tasteless biscuit.


But I am having a very strong craving these days for a good plate of fried bee hoon for breakfast. I kinda miss those days having breakfast at the hawker center together with all those bus-driver uncles early in the mornings.

I have been asking around for good fried bee hoon. Now I know - Bedok Hawker Center at the bus interchange, near the chwee kuey stall.

Maybe tomorrow. Or Friday. If I can wake up early at 6.30 in the morning, I'll take a nice leisurely drive to Bedok and have a nice leisurely fried bee hoon breakfast. And I get to skip ERP too. Ha.

Ok ok. If that fails, I still have Saturday.

No comments: