Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Stay. Don't Go."

His last words to me as I got up to leave: "Stay. Don't go. There'll be better things to come for you, I promise."

So soothing to my heart and my mind, these words are indeed.

From a man whom I least expect to talk to, much less say that to me.

I wish it were someone else instead who had said these very words to me.


The second day back at work is still a tough one. Meetings and emails have forced me to recollect all my work that I have left at the back of my mind since weeks ago.

My mind?

It's been scattered everywhere. Everywhere else outside of the workplace.

One little part of me is struggling to complete my due tasks with whatever's left of my mind; the other part of my energies has been exhausted trying to gather the rest of it back here.

Stoned. Stoned-blank. That's what I am now.

I overhear folks around me: "Er... I don't dare talk to her. She's in a bad mood, can you go ask her instead?"

Silly boy. I won't eat you up. Or, maybe I might. Beware.

When I'm in a good mood, my tongue is acidic enough.

No wonder that comment.


God, it looks like you're leading me somewhere now.

Did you send those messages to me, all from the unlikeliest people in my life?

Remember - no more cruel jokes, ok?


Let me get back to my favorite Excel templates right now.

I'll get back to You later.

No comments: