Monday, August 08, 2005

New Life

It was the first time in a very long while that I fell asleep on the bed without even changing out of my clothes, and taking a shower last night.

Yes, I was that tired.

I did, though, wake up with a startle at 5 in the morning, remove the contact lenses from my eyes, and fall back into bed again.

The only other time that ever happened to me was probably about seven years ago - I got so pissed at Mambo (I remember we were celebrating the end of exams and Sasy and I started downing one jug of Long Island at one go, just between the two of us; I recall not seeing the clock past 12 midnight that day), my very nice friends had to carry me up to my room and dump me on the big cushion on the floor (for fear that I might just start barfing on my bed).

I remember waking up at 6 the next day and trying my darnedest to recall what happened the night before. I am still absolutely clueless till today.

It has never quite happened again in my life so far (except for the one time in Manila where my then-boss made me drunk on Tequila on my virgin business trip out) - it is no fun having to pass out before the night is over, it is terribly embarrassing and leaves one no grace, and the hangover is simply too horrible to relive again.

But I remember too, that the fateful night I got pissed at Mambo, I was feeling particularly down and upset then as well. Over one particular person. Over a love that wasn't mine yet.

Well, now that the love is no longer mine again, I hope I have the good sense not to break my record of staying sober enough.


Yesterday was just one of 'em really-terrible days.

Well, just imagine: if, during a period of already-terrible times, you are getting really-terrible days still, it must be really really bad, really really terrible.

Just try to imagine as best as you can, from your own experience.

Yeah, it was something like that for me yesterday.


Today feels a little better.

The office is pretty quiet; most folks have the good sense to take a day off today so they could enjoy an ultra-long weekend.

I simply took it easy at work today.


Piper's yeast problem is not going away. She has just been given yet another jab and more pills to take.

Dr Ling has nicely given me some samples of some 'specially-formulated' food so Piper could try them out, just to confirm if it was some food allergy that has been causing all the skin problems.

The samples don't look like they are going to last me anything more than three days, and 'any food test is supposed to last for at least ten weeks.'

Very nice, Dr Ling.

I'd have to call and make special orders for the food, pick them up from the vet each time, and 'specially-formulated' food apparently doesn't come cheap, she says sheepishly.

Sweet, Dr Ling. Thanks for the nice advice. Looks like I'm going to end up spending more on dog-food than on me-food.


As if I don't have enough dog problems.

I fear I might just do something on impulse later in the evening.

I know I am not going to think straight - and right. Not at this time now.

I am going to view some four-week-old puppies, that have been found abandoned somewhere.

I hope a new 'baby' brings me a new lease of life. And that some pup finds a new lease of life in me as well.

No comments: