Sunday, August 21, 2005

Juiceless

So. I did get to work today.

Hang on. Let me correct that. I got my ass to the office, but I didn't really get down to work as much as I really wanted to.

One word: juiceless.

I hate it this time of the 'season' when I need my brain juices to crank up a little to get my presentations done. But the juices have been running low over the past few seasons. I hate being a boring presenter, but I am running out of ideas how to not make them boring.

I gave up. I went out for a long lunch instead. =)


Carl's Jr burgers, it was. Heard so much hype about it, I thought I should give it a go. Can you imagine - I never really saw one in all these years I've been to the US?

So embarrassing. I desperately wanna look for White Castle though. Haha.

Anyway, I suppose I didn't miss much. The burgers were like humongous. They are yummy, true. But I guess a little overrated as well. Fries were just fries - I crave more for Long John's fries and piping hot McDonald's ones.

And most of all, I didn't think $22.50 for two in a fast-food restaurant was normal.

Ok - tried once. Will probably do a second time, but not in a hurry.


Got back to the office to try a second round of conjuring up my juices.

Nothing worked. I tried listening to live radio over the internet to lift my mood up a little.

Oh, the FM radio in my car is finally playing again.

No, it hasn't been problematic (thank you God). I just hadn't been tuning in to the FM for weeks.

I just couldn't listen to those sappy love songs without a huge pinch of cynicism. Do these people really know what they are singing about? Or are they just singing what they think we want to hear?

Rock bands sing of heart-wrenching pain from lovers lost; boy-bands pine for girls who leave them for reasons they don't understand (do boys ever?); women yell their angry hearts out at bastards who cheat on them.

Spare me the sappiness and your pain. I have enough to deal with of my own.

But music has come back into my life again. Just so I can keep my mind focused on the roads these days. I can even hum or sing along again. I just try not to feel what I sing. Haha.

Thanks, God.


The weekend is finally coming to an end.

I have barely 48 hours left to my presentation, and I should be feeling really flustered.

But right now, I am feeling glad. And peaceful. And thankful for this weekend.

Last weekend was a nightmare that I thought I'd have to live through again and again.

This weekend, though just days apart, seems so peaceful. Clusters of activtities there were to keep me running around, but inside of me dwells nothing but peace.

Peace simply because I know what I am capable of now. Because I know I can take good care of myself now.

Peace because I know my mind sees things clearly and my heart is good enough to take care of me now.

Thank you for the peace, for the happiness, and for the fun. =)


Great - now let me get back to those darned powerpoints.

KNNBEGN! - I just learnt a new 'phrase'! *grins*

No comments: