Friday, December 23, 2005

Vanity

Be focused in what you really want.

Be open to ideas.

Be someone that you are proud of.

Most importantly, be happy.


*****

Words from my first Christmas card this year, from the big sister I never had but wished were mine.

Words that struck like an arrow onto my heart, every single one of them.

It's really nice and warm to know someone out there actually knows you... and cares for you.

Thanks, sis.

I luff ya, and I'm sure gonna miss you around.


*****

You're probably right.

I don't really know what I want - in my career, and in my whole damned life.

I'm opinionated, perhaps overly so. People have said I'm stubborn. I refused to believe.

See what they mean?

I want to be proud of whatever I do. I don't ever want to look back and wish I had or hadn't, think I should've or shouldn't have.

Fifty years later, when I become Old GrandFatmama, I want to be able to tell all the marvellous life stories that awe my grandkids.

Sometimes I only think about the grandkids. I wonder when I'll have the kids who'll eventually bear me those grandkids. Ha.


The blemishes on my face - they are a bugger.

A big bugger. No, make that huge.

They keep popping up, no matter how hard I try to keep them away.

I think, I wonder, I figure. What is the root of the problem that I should really be tackling? I don't really trust those silly facial treatments anymore.

I conclude. It's not a matter of cleanliness.

It's my hormones reacting. To my imbalanced state of mind. To my unhappiness.

Maybe... just maybe, the day I find real happiness, the blemishes will be banished. Hopefully forever, too.

For the sake of vanity, perhaps I should really start pursuing my well-deserved happiness... shouldn't I?

Think of all the money I could save from those silly facial treatments... yeah, maybe I really should.

No comments: