Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pride

Not one second.

Uh-uh. Not one.

I should've known to walk away when I ought to.

Now I'm at the brink of it.


I think it is that concept of time that's been getting to me lately.

I don't have time to waste no more, but why do I seem like I am doing things for nothing - wasting my time?


*****

I am not a proud person. I don't thrive on pride.

I admit to my weaknesses, but I know my strengths too.

In spite of the silent tears that I weep, however, pride has kept my head up high all this while.

But pride has also kept me from doing many things.


I broke my promise last night the minute I hit the 'send' button on my cell.

I lost it momentarily. I just couldn't think right.

But I also had let go of some pride.

And I got back in return what I was yearning for.

A plate of nasi lemak. A pair of listening ears. Some words of advice. Some laughter of ease.

And a hug of thousand words.

If only...


If I could say it to you again, thanks for being there for me last night.

You'll never know how much it means to me.


No traps.

It's just me, myself and I.

No comments: