Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Nasi Lemak

Just a couple of days ago, I was exactly thinking of that very same nasi lemak we used to have a simultaneous craving for, and of the long drive we used to take late in the night just to satisfy our cravings.

I was just wondering, if I would ever again find another chum who would enjoy the same kind of crazy with me.


*****

I am spring-cleaning the list of names in my cell.

Hitting the 'delete' button on quite some numbers.

'Friends' who aren't worth making nor keeping.

So one day, if I were to reply "Who u?" when you next send me a message, sorry pal.

I didn't think you were going to call again.


*****

I should perhaps also take stock of some other bits of my life and make some changes.

The names in my cell. The caller display. My usernames. My passwords. My status. My pictures. My room.

Tiny and insignificant as some of these bits may seem, I'd probably never realize the silent yet gradual devastation they do to my heart each time I see them.

I will not tell a lie.

There is still some inertia. Indeed, there is still some reluctance to let it all go.

There are still those emotions. There is still some hesitation to change things.

But one day, I know they will all be gone, together with the passwords and the photos.


*****

I would like a peaceful Christmas, and a New Year that looks promising with only good things to come my way.

I think I've had enough this year.

No comments: