Friday, December 16, 2005

Drugged & Incapacitated

I feel drugged the entire day.

Thanks to the pain, and the painkillers, I slept like I hadn't been for days.

I roused from drowsiness only in the evening - after about 15 hours of snooze. Just in time for dinner.


Great. Thanks to my incapacitated state, I managed to lie in bed and catch LeBron match up against Melo on TV.

Haven't watched NBA for eons. For that matter, I haven't really been watching TV too.

Thought I could catch up also on some reading and writing, but either made me fall asleep in a matter of minutes.

I feel so wasted.


The pain has subsided a little but the tree stump is still there.

I still can't walk without my crutches, and my armpits are getting sore.

Mom has been helping me: bringing stuff to me, opening the door for me, switching off the lights for me. But I insist on doing things myself - if I can.

I wonder, could I have survived this mere lousy handicap if I had been staying on my own?

It would've been tough, no doubt. But I hate feeling so dependent.


I may have gotten my well-deserved rest, and a break from Hoe.

But I feel so bored too.

I never stay home on a Friday night! Argh!

I was so wishing someone could come by and whisk me off to Wala or something.


"I'm on crutches now."

"Wah, that serious?"

"Yah lah. The swell got most of the nurses impressed."

Impressed. The nurses exclaimed they have never seen a swell like mine before.

Hur hur. I should feel proud, shouldn't I?

No comments: