Sunday, December 18, 2005

Fate

Two hours into day three.

And I'm still wide awake.

I must've had too much of a rest over days one and two.


Day two was another stoner.

I took a walk out of the house, though.

Lunch downstairs took me barely an hour, but walking on crutches was more strenuous than I had imagined it to be. I perspired so much, and my arms were so sore, I felt only relief when I slumped back onto my bed.

I read my book.

I got some new songs.

I watched 'Toy Story'.

I watched my little man play.

For once, while I was bedridden, it rained.

I had a nice peaceful nap too.


By dinner time, I was able to move about by limping. Sans crutches.

Yeah, the pace is much slower, my ankle feels more pain, but it is also much less tiring.

Yes, I'm officially termed 'pai ka'.


I may have rejoiced a little too early today when I could walk without the crutches.

Still, I think the healing process is damn slow and painful.

I have this nagging feeling the tree stump will act up again when I wake tomorrow morning.


Over the past couple of days, I watched how my little man spent his day.

It's amazing how happy a kid can be - everyday.

He reads his alphabets. He plays his toy cars. He terrorizes my dogs. He sits at the table and doodles on a drawing board while Mom is preparing dinner. He sings his songs.

He laughs.

Every day is a brand new play-day.

Nothing from the day before remains.

It makes me wish I could be a kid all over again.


Someone tried calling me numerous times from where he was.

But somehow, through the work of fate, the calls never got connected.

It doesn't matter.

What really counts is the thought and the gesture.

No comments: