Friday, December 16, 2005

Bedridden

Just been to the hospital and back. Emergency room, to be more precise.

And it's the first time ever I've lain in a hospital bed.

Very sleep-inducing... except for the fucking pain.


Sprained my ankle big-time at the game.

Big-time. Haven't been this bad for a long while.

I can't walk. I can't drive. I am even on fucking crutches.

I have a tree stump for an ankle now.

Two words: fucking pain.

Ok, three: damn fucking pain.

"It must be painful for you... to have to give up Friday night of partying."

Idiot.


The only good thing that has resulted from this is that I get three days' worth of medical leave.

The not-so-joyous news: the three days include both Saturday and Sunday. Lu gi lor.

I have to get back to the hospital for a review on Monday. I hope that makes it four.


I don't really want to go on painkillers because I know the pain will hit me like a bullet train when the painkilling effect wears out.

But I am already worrying.

How am I going to sleep tonight with the pain?

And what the hell am I going to do at home tomorrow, when catching up on sleep sounds tempting yet painful?

I am already anticipating the excruciating moment when I wake tomorrow morning... if I do get any sleep at all.


God, need your help now. Desperately, yes.

Thank you in advance.

No comments: