Wednesday, December 07, 2005

'Teh-si'

"Where's your boyfriend?"

"I don't have one."

Ah-ha! A check-out statement. =)


*****

I've received an invitation to Perth. Haha.

However serious an invitation it may be, it still makes me smile.

I haven't had such attention in a long long while.


The emails and phone messages just keep on coming.

I'm smiling to myself a lot these days.


*****

I think my tailbone is developing something... like a tail?

It's painful and I can't bend over nor sit down on the floor without grimacing.

I know I ought check it out with some doctor, but I'm chicken-shit in things like that. I'd rather not know anything.

Want to die, just die lah.


My basketball is finally getting back on track, and I'm happy about that.

My shooting touch is coming back. My stamina is picking up. My speed is letting me run more before I tire out. My strength in my legs is putting me back on the defensive team.

I still have a long way to go, and I'm starting my games this weekend.

But then, I'm getting more and more tired these days after every training session. I just hope I don't burn out soon.


So tired, my capacity for booze has gone down though the craving is still there.

Got dragged to Wala last night despite me wanting to go for a huge dinner instead after training. But once the Hoe touched my lips, the tiredness was gone.

Still, I'm pleased enough to stick to just one Magnum.


"Are you going to train for triathlon again next year?"

"Hmm... don't think so. I think I can only manage one sport now."

Age is catching up.


*****

The weather's been so wacky these days.

Sunny, not-so-sunny, rain. The cycle goes on like this.

I took the day off from work yesterday, and hit the beach with the girls on a not-so-sunny day.

Didn't manage to get the tan I wanted, but at least the girls and I had fun swimming to and fro between the beach and the little island. I looked ravaged though, with all the scratch marks on my back - all thanks to crazy Gracie who kept trying to climb up my back in the waters. Crazy bitch.


It was a motley crew in my car.

Four humans and four dogs.

Piper and Gracie made a new friend - a lady cocker by the name of 'Kopi'.

She inspired a new nickname for my Gracie - 'Teh-si'.

Quite rhyme right?


*****

I spoke with someone yesterday too, who made me somehow a little happier - even if for just a short while.

Through her, I realized my opportunities out there are indeed vast.

At least, I know I'm good and I have much more waiting for me out there.


"Are you mobile?"

Yes, I think I am. I have nothing left behind here.

Just let me bring my girls along wherever I have to go.


*****

Being finally able to let go doesn't necessarily mean I'm no longer sad.

Much as I don't want it to, the past lingers on and continues to haunt.

I just hope our date with Freddie this Friday would also be our last one... and also, a happy one.


*****

"May u be the luckiest babe on earth."

=)

I hope so too.

No comments: