Friday, December 02, 2005

Choices

Sometimes it's good to have choices.

But then, it's not exactly a good thing when you end up having too many choices.

You end up thinking of the various different scenarios that the different choices might lead you into, then you start fretting over what exactly you want.

Making one choice sacrifices the others. You may never get the chance to turn back around and choose another.

Sometimes, going up one way, over the others, is simply a no way out.

Life is all about choices, ain't it?

It's just a matter about how smart you are, how tuned in you are with your heart... and how much you're willing to take chances.

And how much you're willing to accept all consequences.


My backside has been itchy again these days.

Feeling upset about my job, I have been furiously applying for other opportunities.

And now, I may end up having to make a decision out of many mind-boggling choices.

I would like money, thank you very much.

But most of all, I would like to be happy - wherever I may end up. No more screwing up.

God, help me, ok? Just this once? Please?


Am I really prepared to make any life-changing move?

No, I don't think so.

But for this matter, I have no other choice... do I?


*****

I have been hanging out with a couple of kids these days.

And the best thing about hanging out with kids?

No, it's not that it makes you look young-er. Darn - at the pub, the waiter asked to see their IDs... but not mine. What the hell.

The best thing is that you get to speak uninhibitedly about dreams. Sans all the negativism you've gained over the years through life experiences.

Kids that are barely done with school. What do they really know about life and what it is about to offer them?

We speak happily of the things we dream of doing.

I spoke of the things I want to do in my life before I die.

I should get that list started. =)


*****

I have an unexpected game tonight. =)

With the people of the "3-stripes". Ha.

Sorry, brother. I'm gonna have to turn up late tonight.

I just can't pass this up.

No comments: