Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wretchedness

"BAR MANAGER DIES IN PUB BRAWL"

The news have been striking an unlikely chord with me.

I can't really say I knew the victim, but if my memory serves me right, I had seen him around during my Ice-Cold days. He'd come around the pub, hang around Jason the manager, but he had never really been introduced to us.

I never knew his name. It's been eons since we hung out at Ice Cold. But still, he had been a passer-by in my life.


For a passer-by who had merely flitted before my presence now and then, who had never even spoken to me, much less toasted a beer with me, I am feeling strangely shaken by his sudden death.

Probably because it unfortunately happened at a time where I am experiencing a sudden surge of rude awakenings in my wretched life.

And then, I can't help it but start thinking about this whole inevitable phenomenon called 'Life'.

What it really means. What I really mean. What the people I think I love really mean. What the things I think I love doing really mean. How everything intertwines into an intricate mass of occurrences that manifests life.

Love. Time. Death.

Which do you fear most? Would you know yourself?


"Villa Bali Girl Dies In Pub Crawl"

I can imagine, with a wicked twist of humor.

After all, that's how the headlines in my life have always been written.

No comments: