Monday, April 02, 2007

HW Said

I haven't bought any magazine in a long while, but I had a sudden foxy urge to see if I still fitted into the fashion world and I thought one cup of Starbucks less wouldn't hurt.

So I did.

And within minutes of flipping through the pages, I got a bit spooked when my eyes caught this subheader:

Learn to say "no"
It is sometimes difficult to be assertive as we like to be obliging and helpful. Finding ourselves trapped by obligations often results in feelings of anger and helplessness. Learning to say "no" is very important - practise your assertive response in front of a mirror. So is your body language. Stand or sit up tall with your shoulders back and give good eye contact. Speak in a calm but firm tone of voice.


Hmm. Spookily apt as it may be, this sounds a bit too advanced for me.

If I could even learn to say "no" over MSN or over phone-texts now...


Spook spook spook.

Things do happen for reasons. Everything.

No comments: