Friday, April 27, 2007

Tearing

I was wondering why my eyes are so tired, when I realized I have been staring non-stop (save for the toilet breaks and driving time) at the sometimes-dimmed laptop screen for the past thirteen hours.

It's already Friday, and considering I have been doing this since last Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday... hey, guess what?! That's every single freakin' day!

Let's take an average work-day (yes, now I actually qualify to use the term 'work-day'). I spend about 3 hours watching a game, an hour on the road (which is already a blessing since I can actually choose to skip rush hours), sometimes another hour at the pool, about 6-7 hours of zzz - yes, my math is right after all, I do spend about 12-13 hours a day keeping my eyes glued to the laptop screen. And yes, I don't eat. Or even if I do, I do it while continuing staring at the computer.

Of those 13 hours, about half an hour is spent in total reading a few blogs, maybe another half writing on my own. I don't really chat these days; neither do I surf any more. Heck, I haven't even visited my 'Favorites' page for the longest time. Some couple of hours is spent in frustration dealing with connection problems and other related forms of Internet cock-ups. A few more hours staring blankly into the screen trying to conjure up the juices.

I can almost claim no other kind of life except that of being an online stalker.

Anyone needs a freelancer to moderate your forum?


I can't taste it. Are those tears, or is that blood flowing down my cheeks?

No comments: