Monday, April 02, 2007

Driving Songs

I've always suspected something's been wrong with me these days, especially when I'm behind the wheel. And I think I've gotten it figured out today.

I have been driving, very contentedly, at eighty-clicks per hour. I would be listening to my resident CDs which, yes, play my favorite tunes from my favorite man, but I would be stoned out, mind fleeting off somewhere else far away. So yeah, eighty clicks sound very prudent.

Yes, that coming from someone who used to pride herself for driving a pseudo Ford rally car.

The Speedy Fatgonzales poofed from the roads suddenly. In her place was an auntie who wouldn't go anything beyond eighty, and who would be happy staying in the second lane and who would no longer drive silly Toyotas off the first.

Today, I popped in a different disc, one that played awesome rock. And suddenly I found myself bobbing my body to the music, and driving Lexuses off the first lane at a hundred and ten.

Ah. I love dancing while driving.

And I love speed.

I am back. So back.


I need to buy new CDs and burn more 'Driving Songs'.

No comments: